How To Start Goat Farming In Nigeria
Goat farming in Nigeria is very popular and common. The agriculture sector of Nigeria greatly contributing the total national income and economic growth. Goat meats are widely accepted and consumed round the globe, while the milk is also gaining in popularity and is being sold in supermarkets across the United States, Europe and Asia and
represent the bulk of the liquid milk market. Commercial goat farming is very popular in northern part of Nigeria than southern part.
The meat is believed to be the best animal meat available anywhere in the market for good reasons. Not only does the meat taste great, it is also lower in fat than chicken but contains higher protein than beef, that makes it better than chicken and beef. Many people don’t know how lucrative goat farming is. Goat meat has a unique taste that is very
difficult to describe but very appealing to the taste bud. There are other products that can be derived from Goat milk such as cheese, yogurt, ice cream, and butter. Anything that cow milk can offer, goat milk can also offer. These are the reasons goat farming is considered by wise farmers as a very lucrative business and it is increasingly becoming very popular among modern farmers in Nigeria.
Get our others business plan
- 2020 Goat Farming Business Plan In Nigeria Latest Edition And A Feasibility Study
- Snail Farming Business Plan In Nigeria PDF
- 2020 Catfish Business Plan In Nigeria pdf
To be able to go into goat farming business you to get a business plan. Business plan enable you set up your business, many people think that they don’t need a business plan before they start any kind of business and later on find themselves in hoe they can’t come out from and later close their business because of lack of planning and refusing to see the importance of business plan. If you are going into Goat Business we you get our Goat Business Plan in Nigeria, because it will help set up your business and it will also tell you how you can run your business without running into lost.
If you are also interested in starting a Poultry Farming Business you can get the Business Plan here Poultry Farming Business Plan
Benefits of Goat Farming in Nigeria
1. Nigeria has the best weather and climate for a very suitable goat farming.
2. In Nigeria the consumption of goat product is very high and it is one of the most demand things in Nigeria.
3. Any body can go into goat farming or can establish his/her goat farming business, because goat farming doesn’t require much labor.
4. Your start up capital is not that much.
5. The Housing, feeding, caring and other cost are not to high in Nigeria.
6. Everything about the goat can be a great source for earning extra income such as meat, milk, skin, fiber, manure etc.
7. It is a great source of income for the unemployed educated people in Nigeria.
8. Goat farming is not difficult the caring and management can be done by children or housewives in Nigeria.
9. The manure of a goat is a great organic fertilizer.
10. You can raise 8-10 goat easily at the same place.
The Profit In Goat Farming Business Let look at the profit of goat farming business in Nigeria. i will make some Analyses for you to see, i will analyze the profit in dollar perceptive because i am looking at a situation where some Nigeria farmer would take this goat framing to a oh new level and even starts exporting to other country.
100 pound is the weigh of a fully mature goat and in some places goal are sold base on their weigh. And a fully mature goat is 100 pound, so this will bring $150 minimum. And if you can produce just 500 goats yearly and each is sold for $150 minimum, you will be making up to $75,000 per year. let say $25,000 is the cost for the production, so
that will live you with about $50,000 (#8,000,000). This amount is just for 500 goats.
Remember that it takes about 2-3 year for a goat to fully mature, i assumed you have passed through the first three years of establishment. The amount which i called before is a very large number but it is very achievable if you take your farming very seriously. To be honest 500 goats per year after your first three years is a realistic goal for small scale farmers. You don’t have to start very big you can start small and from there move on and expand gradually
depending on the resources available to you
Get more business plan
- Cassava Farming Business Plan in Nigeria Latest Edition Feasibility Studies
- Plastic/ Waste Recycling Business Plan In Nigeria PDF
- Tilapia Fish Farming Business Plan In Nigeria PDF
How To Setup Your Goat Farm
Making a pasture or grazing place for your goats will be a great idea. This will help you to minimize food cost. Grazing place also helps to keep your goats healthy. Goats are relatively clean animals. They eat a wide variety of plants that are nutritious to them. They are foragers of weeds and leaves and could eat different types of plant at
different season and even days.
Build a suitable house for your goats, house is required to keep them safe from rain and other climate factors like cold. Goat don’t like bad conditions. For commercial goat production you should keep your goats in clean pens which is free of dampness, drafts and pests like flies and rodents. As, goats are small sized animal they also require
adequate fencing. Don’t keep your goats in airtight buildings. They like to stay indoor when it is raining, they like to stay under share when the weather is hot, and like to stay outside and graze when the weather is perfect and enjoyable. For desired growth and good health you have to ensure proper ventilation system and flow of sufficient
air and day light in the house. Goat likes some measure of privacy when they are indoors, so it is required you build separate houses for few number of goats or you construct it in a way that it will be spacious enough to give each animal some level of privacy. Goats like laying down and chew the cord while resting in a quiet condition. Make
sure the housing is made comfortable for them. Some even suggested building dog house for each goat. Always keep the house or shelter clean and use fresh hay or straw for bedding. You can also keep some toys inside the house to keep your goats busy and entertaining. Some producer found that, this has a good result in the health of goats.
If you are feeding your goat high quality, fresh and nutritious food regularly, then rest a such that your production at the end of the year is going to be great because the goat will be so big that the price will tell itself. Always make such you feed your goat with fresh and nutritious food. Most successful people in the business make sure they feed their goat up to 12%- 18% of protein in a day.
Always ensure all types of veterinary services for your goats. If the service center become too far from your farm, then try to make a stock of some necessary medicines and vaccines in your farm or house. This is very important if you hope to keep the mortality at the lowest or completely eliminated. You can use Government agencies near you or
appoint a private vet doctor.
Select A Suitable Farm Location
One of the most important thing is the location of your farm. During your process of selecting a land for goat farming make sure you have all these facilities near by Select a land which is not too far from the town. Find out if there is another farm located or not, near your selected location. The place must have to be suitable enough to set up a pasture or grazing place. A market near the farm land, so that you can easily buy necessary equipment.
Availability of all types of veterinary services. Great source of fresh and clean water. Good transportation facilities with the nearest market or town
There are large number of goat breeds suitable for different purposes of rearing. Some are very good for milk production, some are good for the meat, other are preferable for the fiber. Determine what type of products has a great demand in your location. If goat milk has a great demand in your location, then you can set up a dairy goat farming business. If goat meat has high demands, then you can easily establish a meat goat farm. Having decided on the goat breeds to go for, source for healthy kids. It must have history of De-worming and Vaccination. Goat is susceptible to stomach worm and other internal parasites. Get the healthiest of goats possible to start with.
OTHER BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA WITH RECENT UPDATE
- How To Become A Recharge Card Distributor In Nigeria 2020
- How To Start Kerosene Business In Nigeria Latest Edition feasibility studies proposal
- Bakery Business Plan In Nigeria Latest Edition feasibility studies proposal
- How To Become A Recharge Card Distributor In Nigeria/ Feasibility Study
- Ushering Business Plan in Nigeria 2020
- Steps On How To Grow Your Business In Nigeria
- Poultry Farming Business Plan In Nigeria
- Shoe Making Business Plan In Nigeria 2020
- Paint Production Business Plan In Nigeria Latest Feasibility Study 2020
- Pig Farming Business Plan In Nigeria
- Rice Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
- How To Start Catfish Farming in Nigeria/ Feasibility Report
- How To Register A Company In Nigeria 2020
- How to Start Poultry Farming in Nigeria/ Feasibility Study